"Aces & Graces" Faith-Based Junior Tennis League
Aces & Graces Faith Based Junior Tennis League
***New for summer of 2015*** ... No USTA membership required to play!
What is Aces & Graces Faith Based Junior Tennis League?
- A program that offers faith-based organizations an opportunity to play tennis matches in a fun, team building atmosphere.
- Emphasis on fun, fitness and the social benefits of tennis.
- Playing tennis with members in a team setting.
- Co-ed format allows participation by all members.
- Great summer recreational outlet for those who don't want to "sit the bench!"
Summer 2015 Aces & Graces:
- Registration open: June 2015
- Registration fee: $250 per team (maximum of 12 players)
- Deadline to form a team: July 1, 2015
- Contact: Deby@corta.org
- League Play: Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. beginning mid-July
- End of Season Party for ALL players: Last match of the season - Chick Fil-! Midland will provide food and drinks and
88.5 "The Truth" will be on site with music.
- Click here for a printable "Aces & Graces" Team Roster/Team Registration
Team Format/Scoring and Schedule
- Aces & Graces has its own unique format. There will be one doubles and two mixed.
- A team requires a minimum of 3 boys and 3 girls. There will be no more than 12 on a team.
- Players must be between ages of 12 - 18.
- Six week sessions. All matches will be on Thursday evenings from 6:00 - 8:00, (The same as the Adult Aces and Graces), at Cooper Creek Tennis Center. Matches cancelled due to inclement weather will be resceduled.
- The scoring is no-ad. This means a game is won by the first player/team to win four points. If the game reaches deuce (3-3), the receivingplayer/team chooses which side of the court to receive from. In mixed doubles, the server must serve to the same gender at deuce.
- A team match consists of four separate 6 game no-ad sets. It includes one B/G doubles and two mixed matches. At 5 all, a 10 point tie break will be played.
Levels of Play
- All skill levels participate! From beginner to advanced, there's a division for your church team!
- There will be two division of play - Beginner and Intermediate/Advanced
- Divisions will be based on team ratings.
- Entry fee is $250.00 per team.
- Individual USTA memberships are NOT required. CORTA hopes to bring new players to the game of tennis in a fun environment.
- Tennis balls, court fees and refreshments will be provided for each team match.
- Request team roster applications by calling CORTA at 707-317-4136 or email email@example.com.
- Submit a completed team roster application along with a $250 check (payable to CORTA) to CORTA, P.O. Box 8236, Columbus, GA 31908. The number of teams is limited. Sign up today!
- Click here for a PDF registration form for your church team.
Stats and Standings