Sip 'N Serve Series
CORTA and B & B beverages, are offering a exciting tennis league for the fun at heart. The focus is on participation, sportsmanship, and fun fellowship with athletes who also have an appreciation for finely crafted beer. This league will focus on good sportsmanship and having a good time.
All particpants must be 21 years or older.
For Summer 2018 ... No USTA membership required to play!
Summer 2018 Sip 'N Serve:
- Registration open: May 7 2018
- Registration fee: $20 per player (3 men and 3 women minimum per team)
- Deadline to form a team: Friday June 1, 2018
- New Captain's meeting: to be done at first match June 15
- Space is limited... so call or email Charlie to reserve your team a spot. Don't miss out!
- Let us know if you need help forming a team!
- Click here for a printable (pdf) Sip 'N Serve Team Roster/Application
- League Play: Friday 6-8p.m. , starting June 15th Dates of play: June 15th, 22nd, 29th, and July 6th
What is Sip 'N Serve Tennis League?
- A program that offers a Friday mixer that allows participants to play tennis matches in a fun, team building atmosphere.
- Emphasis on fun, fitness and the social benefits of tennis.
- Playing tennis with members in a team setting.
- Co-ed format allows participation by all members.
- Great Summer recreational outlet for those who don't want to run around the bases or knock down 10 pins with a heavy ball!
Team Format and Schedule
- Sip 'N Serve has its own unique format (similar to CORTA's Corporate Team Tennis).
- A team requires a minimum of six players (3 men, 3 women) and can have up to 12 players on the roster.
- Players must be 21 years or older.
- A four week season. All matches will be on Friday evenings from 6:00 - 7:45 PM at Cooper Creek Tennis Center. Matches canceled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled. The make-up date will be announced at the time any cancellation is announced.
Levels of Play
- All skill levels participate! From beginner to advanced, there's a division for your playing level
- Players' individual NTRP ratings will be used in forming teams - teams will be one flight s for 2.5-3.5 rated players and one lfight 3.5-4.5 rated players - team players must stay wihin ratings specified for either of the two flights
- Players who do not have a current NTRP rating may self-rate in order to participate.
- Division of teams will be based on team specified ratings
- There is no state championship for Sip 'N Serve; local play only.
- Entry fee is $20 per player with a minimum of 3 women and 3 men required to form a team.
- Individual USTA memberships are not required. CORTA hopes to bring new players to the game of tennis in a fun environment.
- Tennis balls, court fees and refreshments will be provided for each team match.
- Request team roster applications by calling CORTA at 706-317-4136 or by E-mail at email@example.com.
- Submit a completed team roster application along with a total team fee check (payable to CORTA) to CORTA, P.O. Box 8236, Columbus, GA 31908. The number of teams is limited. Sign up today!
Stats and Standings