"Aces and Graces" Faith-Based Tennis League
CORTA, along with radio station, 107.7 The Truth and the many sponsors, are offering a fun tennis league for faith-based organizations. The focus is on participation, sportsmanship, and fun fellowship with athletes from religious organizations throughout the area. This league will focus on elevating physical, mental and spiritual growth through match play.
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:
Scores for the Matches Played
Again for Summer 2018 ... No USTA membership required to play!
The team fee includes: balls, court fees, schedules, facilities and end of season player party.
107.7 The Truth will be onsite for the party! Click here for live stream on 107.7 The Truth.
Summer 2018 Aces and Graces:
- Registration open: June 4, 2018
- Registration fee: $300 per team (maximum of 12 players)
- Deadline to form a team: Monday July 2, 2018
- New Captain's meeting: TBD.
- Space is limited... so call or email Charlie or Janell to reserve your team a spot. Don't miss out!
- Let us know if you need help forming a team!
- Click here for a printable (pdf) Aces and Graces Team Roster/Application
- League Play: Thursdays, 6:00 p.m., starting July 12th. Dates of play: July 12th, 19th and, August 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23th
- End of Season Party for ALL players: Last match of the season - Chick-fil-A Midland is providing the food and drinks!
What is Aces and Graces Faith-Based Tennis League?
- A program that offers faith-based organizations an opportunity to play tennis matches in a fun, team building atmosphere.
- Emphasis on fun, fitness and the social benefits of tennis.
- Playing tennis with members in a team setting.
- Co-ed format allows participation by all members.
- Great Summer recreational outlet for those who don't want to run around the bases or knock down 10 pins with a heavy ball!
Team Format and Schedule
- Aces and Graces has its own unique format (the same as Corporate Team Tennis). See scoring and format.
- A team requires a minimum of six players (3 men, 3 women) and can have up to 12 players on the roster.
- Players must be 18 years or older.
- Six week season. All matches will be on Thursday evenings from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at Cooper Creek Tennis Center. Matches canceled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled. The make-up date will be announced at the time any cancellation is announced.
Levels of Play
- All skill levels participate! From beginner to advanced, there's a division for your church's team!
- Players' individual NTRP ratings will be averaged to determine the team's division of play.
- Players who do not have a current NTRP rating may self-rate in order to participate.
- Divisions will be based on team ratings.
- There is no state championship for Aces and Graces; local play only.
- Entry fee is $300 per TEAM.
- Individual USTA memberships are not required. CORTA hopes to bring new players to the game of tennis in a fun environment.
- Tennis balls, court fees and refreshments will be provided for each team match.
- Request team roster applications by calling CORTA at 706-317-4136 or by E-mail at email@example.com.
- Submit a completed team roster application along with a $300 check (payable to CORTA) to CORTA, P.O. Box 8236, Columbus, GA 31908. The number of teams is limited. Sign up today!