CORTA and the Academy coaching staff are committed to maintaining a personalized small scale program geared to the development of the junior player. It is our goal to provide players of ALL levels the instruction and systematic progression that will allow them to progress from the beginner level all the way to the elite level. Our mission is to create a local junior tennis community, dedicated to developing players to their fullest potential in tennis, academics, and character. A solid foundation of technique will facilitate the growth of all participants.
NOTE: Placement will be made by the Academy Instructors.
- Ages 9-17 play with green dot or regular balls according to age on a standard court
- For the Intermediate level player that has taken at least 2 Junior Clinics.
- For the player that wants to work on the basics as well as match strategy
- Helps the player to prepare for tournaments and USTA Jr. Team Tennis
- Class limit: 8 players per level.
- Instructors place players in the correct level.
- All rain outs will be made up on Friday’s at 4:30 of the same week. Failure to attend on Friday will result in a loss of that day.
- Payment must be made at the start of the first class.
- No pro-rated classes.
- Strength training and conditioning will be included in the CORTA Academy.
- Player development
- Positive attitude
- Grace in winning and losing
- Shot selection
- Mental toughness
- Match play experience
- Individually designed game plan
- Intense on court training
- Physical conditioning
- Core stability
- Solid foundation of technique and tactics
- Concentrated drill sessions with low student to court ratio
- Critiqued match play and strategy
- Required ladder matches to determine placement in levels
- On court conditioning with a personal trainer, focusing on strength, agility, and quickness
- Workouts with a personal trainer to develop strength and power
- Grouping by ability, ages, and personal player goals