Beginning the Journey (Ages 9-17)
This beginner clinic involves all aspects of the game including stroke technique, footwork, and the parts of a tennis court as the student begins their journey to learn the game of tennis. Ages 9-10’s will be on a 60’ court using low compression balls. Ages 11 and up lessons will be conducted on a standard court using regular balls. The ultimate goal is to learn the basics and prepare the player to the introduction of match play. This program is the best way for players to prepare for the Advanced Beginner Clinic or the beginner level of Junior Team Tennis if the player has knowledge of scoring. Two classes recommended before beginning the Advanced Beginner Clinic or Junior Team Tennis.
Click here to purchase a racquet.
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Times: 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Program Information and Policies:
- Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Balls and court fees are provided by CORTA.
- Water bottle filling stations and vending machines are available; however, you may wish to bring your own water or sports drink.
- In the event of rain, you will be contacted via email, one hour before scheduled class to find out if class will be held.
- Rain out classes will be made up at the end of the session.
- For more details, please reference Program Information and Policies.