CORTA Academy (Ages 9-17)
The CORTA Junior Academy was established to provide players the instruction and systematic progression that will allow them to advance from the beginner level to the elite level. Our mission is to create a local junior tennis community, dedicated to developing players to their fullest potential in tennis, academics, and character.
Initially emphasis is placed on building a solid foundation of technique by focusing on the consistency of the forehand, backhand, volley and serve. Additionally movement, scoring and the format of the game are highlighted.
Through developmental progression, players will continue with stroke production and also work on strategy and patterns of play. Footwork, agility, strength training and conditioning are incorporated in the program.
As a player’s game matures, match strategy, point construction and match play are utilized in order to develop the complete player.
The best way for players to improve their tennis game is to immerse themselves in training. The CORTA Academy offers the best experience, providing students the opportunity to train with top-notch coaches and players. Whether training to play tournaments or wanting to improve for a position on their high school team, students will leave the CORTA Academy knowing they’ve received the right amount of training and instruction to achieve their goals.
If you are signing up for the first time and have not taken at least two junior clinics and been approved by a junior clinic instructor, please email email@example.com for instructions on how to proceed.
$160.00 (includes Serve Tennis fee)
$25.00 – Drop in fee
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon of the day your player plans to attend.
Program Information and Policies:
- Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Balls and court fees are provided by CORTA.
- Water bottle filling stations and vending machines are available; however, you may wish to bring your own water or sports drink.
- In the event of rain, you will be contacted via email, one hour before scheduled class to find out if class will be held.
- Rain out classes will be made up on Fridays at 4:30 of the same week. Failure to attend on Friday will result in a loss of that day.
- For more details, please reference Program Information and Policies.