10U MATCH League
10U MATCH League is a league designed for junior players under ten years old to play matches against their peers. All matches are singles and court monitors are provided to help players with keeping score and understanding the rules of tennis. Court monitors provided for beginner levels.
DATES: March 1 – April 26, 2022
FORMAT: Gendered Singles
AGE ELIGIBILITY: 10 and Under
- 10U Beginner- Orange ball on 60′ court (first time playing matches)
- 10U Intermediate- Orange ball on 60′ court (have played 10U matches prior)
- 10U Advanced (green dot ball on a full court)
- Matches are no-ad scoring 2 out of 3 sets, 4 game sets, with a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set (First to 7). One game point will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd set tiebreak.
- First to 4 games in each set. No tiebreaker except for the third set breaker.
- Players will receive 1 point for every game that they win during a match.
- At the end of competition, a MA.T.C.H League Champion will be determined within each level.
1. No rescheduling is allowed. If a player does not play their match at the scheduled time, their opponent will receive a 4-0,4-0 win.
- Each player is scheduled to play at least 6 matches. If you have a conflict with a date, notify the Junior League Coordinator after registering for MATCH League at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will TRY to make arrangements so the player receives a BYE that date.
- It is important to try to play all matches. A score of 4-0, 4-0 will have a huge impact on the standings. Please make effort to play every match.
In this League, let’s allow our juniors to learn on their own without interference, as Morihei Ueshiba says:
“Failure is the key to success, each mistake teaches us something.”
- All players must have a USTA membership.
- Click here and fill out the jot form.
- You will receive an email with a TEAM NUMBER. At that time, you will log on to usta.com and register.
- Players will choose 10U and level they want to play between Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced. Please pick a level that will challenging and fun.
- If a player is placed incorrectly, they can be changed to a different division. Contact Julie, at email@example.com. if you need assistance.
Beginner/Intermediate matches will be played on Sundays 1:00-4:00pm
Players will report 5-10 minutes prior to their match
All matches will be played at Cooper Creek
Deadline to Form a Team:
Ball Pickup Available: