10U MA.T.C.H. League
10U MA.T.C.H League is a league designed for junior players under ten years old to play matches against their peers. All matches are singles and court monitors are provided to help players with keeping score and understanding the rules of tennis.
DATES: September 30 – November 18, 2020
FORMAT: Gendered Singles
Players have an opportunity to win the League for themself and for their school.
AGE ELIGIBILITY: 10 and Under
- 10U Beginner
- 10U Intermediate
- Matches are no-ad scoring 2 out of 3 sets, 4 game sets, with a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set (First to 7). One game point will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd set tiebreak.
- First to 4 games in each set. No tiebreaker except for the third set breaker.
- Players will receive 1 point for every game that they win during a match.
- At the end of competition, a MA.T.C.H League Champion will be determined within each level.
- If a school has 4 or more players in the League, matches will count towards a school award.
1. No rescheduling is allowed. If a player does not play their match at the scheduled time, their opponent will receive a 6-0,6-0 win.
- Each player is scheduled to play 6 matches over eight Wednesdays. If you have a conflict with a Wednesday, notify the Junior League Coordinator after registering for MATCH League at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will TRY to make arrangements so the player receives a BYE that Monday.
- It is important to try to play all matches. A score of 6-0, 6-0 will have a huge impact on the standings. Please make effort to play every match.
In this League, let’s allow our juniors to learn on their own without interference, as Morihei Ueshiba says:
“Failure is the key to success, each mistake teaches us something.”
- All players must have a USTA membership.
- Click here and fill out the jot form.
- You will receive an email within 48 hours within a TEAM NUMBER. At that time, you will log on to usta.com and register.
- Players will choose 10U and level they want to play between Beginner or Intermediate. Please pick a level that will challenging and fun.
- If a player is placed incorrectly, they can be changed to a different division. Contact Julie, at email@example.com. if you need assistance.
Matches will begin 4pm
Players will report 5-10 minutes prior to their match.
All matches will be played at Cooper Creek.
This is only a local league and does not advance to a State Championship. However, in order to play in the MA.T.C.H. League each player will need to download these 3 waivers and send them back to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to the player’s first match. CORTA only needs one set of waivers on file. If you have already played MA.T.C.H before, you do not need to resubmit the waivers. The player will not be allowed to play without each waiver on file. Thank you for your understanding. Let’s play tennis:)!
Deadline to Form a Team:
Ball Pickup Available: