CORTA Membership is automatic by joining a CORTA sponsored league team. Membership is then valid for the next 12 months, whether or not the member plays in another CORTA sponsored league. By becoming a member in CORTA, a member agrees to follow all rules and regulations of CORTA, USTA Georgia, USTA Southern, and the United States Tennis Association (USTA), and to be bound by the grievance and disciplinary procedures set forth in the rules and regulations in resolving any complaints or grievances.
If you aren’t interested in participating in a CORTA sponsored league, you can still join. Please submit a $25 annual membership fee along with your name, address, email address, NTRP level, and your date of birth to CORTA, P. O. Box 8236, Columbus, GA 31908.
USTA Membership is for players of all levels and abilities. Membership is required to play in Adult Leagues, Junior Team Tennis, High School Tennis or Adult NTRP or Junior Tournaments. Memberships are annual and vary in price.
In addition to the ability to participate in sanctioned play, members are eligible for all kinds of additional benefits, including: Top Tennis publications such as TENNIS magazine and the Baseline website; Savings and discounts on U.S. Open and USTA Merchandise; Room and package discounts on tennis resort and camp programs; and travel package deals to the U.S. Open.
Annual Membership Awards
Each year CORTA takes time out to recognize the tennis community for their love of the game, sportsmanship and dedication to the community.
PLAN TO ATTEND THE AWARDS CELEBRATION. It will take place Monday, May 14th at Cooper Creek Tennis Center. A social gathering will begin at 6:00 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m. and ceremony will follow at 6:45 p.m. Join us as we celebrate these outstanding individuals! Click the CORTA AWARDS DINNER button below to register or to learn more about the event and meal. WestRock is a new sponsor of this event through their generous donation to help us celebrate how these individuals change lives through tennis!
- Junior Male Player of the Year – EJ Tymes
- Junior Female Player of the Year – Katie Jones
- Junior Male League Player of the Year – Sammy Bracer
- Junior Female Player of the Year – Riley Faircloth
- Junior Male Service Award of the Year – Anna Steiner
- Junior Female Service Award of the Year – Taylor Davis
- Aaron Cohn Award – Daniel Torres
- The Nelson O. Tyrone Trophy – Mary Weston Courville
- Junior Team Tennis Captain of the Year – Christy Lynch
- Adult Male League Player of the Year – Blake Tanner
- Male Captain of the Year – Rob Schwoebel
- Female Captain of the Year – Danielle Ernst
- Junior Team Tennis Captain of the Year – Sandy Pirkle
- Volunteer of the Year – Linda Gordon
- Family of the Year – Evan Issacs Family
These facilities will be used for matches and tournaments throughout the season! Use this guide for general and directional information.