TennisWorks! Is a USTA National Junior Tennis and Learning (NJTL) program is our after-school tennis and academic enrichment program, for ages 6-18 years old who qualify for free and reduced lunch. It is designed to encourage academic achievement, health/wellness and social/emotional skills by guiding children through educational processes that include decision making, problem solving and working together toward common goals. There is NO FEE for this program.
This program follows the example set by Arthur Ashe to promote education, good character and healthy lifestyles through similar values, ideals, and goals by:
- reaching out to those who may not otherwise have the opportunity to play tennis
- instilling in youngsters the values of leadership and academic excellence
- giving all kids (regardless of income, race, gender) the opportunity to develop their tennis skills so they can derive a life time of enjoyment from the sport
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays – on court tennis clinics
- Thursdays – academic/project classes
If you have any questions concerning this class contact Helen Powell @ 706-317-4136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to help CORTA support the local tennis community?
Is your favorite tennis player celebrating a special birthday or anniversary? Why not honor them by making a contribution to tennis in Columbus? The gift of a donation to CORTA keeps on giving throughout the year.