To expedite the grievance process, captains must file grievances electronically. Please read these instructions carefully.
- You must be the captain of the team that has competed in the match where the alleged violation occured.
- Email the completed grievance form (which should include details of alleged violation) to the league coordinator.
- Your email grievance must be received prior to the commencement of the next team match involving such player or team. If the alleged grievance occurs at the last match the grievance must be filed within twenty-four hours.
- Complaints are not to be made to, or filed with, the coordinator. The coordinator only acts as a conduit for processing grievances between parties and the grievance committee.
Failure to comply may result in this grievance being dismissed. Local League Grievance procedures are described in more detail in the USTA League Regulation booklet, section 3.00 and in the CORTA League Regulations Section X.
SUSPENSION POINT INFORMATION
- Email the grievance form to league coordinator.
- Be sure the score card for that match has been entered on TennisLink. Before the grievance is filed.
Mark Mims (Chair)