CORTA is committed to creating a positive, welcoming, and fun environment for our beginner athletes. Our beginner clinic will focus on hand-eye coordination, footwork, and ball control associated with tennis. It will involve all aspects of the game including stroke technique and parts of the tennis court.
This clinic introduces the fundamentals of tennis: forehand, backhand, volley and serve. This class incorporates drills and games that develop hand-eye coordination and proper tennis technique. The clinic’s overall goal is to have fun and develop an early interest in tennis. Green ball builds on the fundamentals developed in prior clinics. This clinic emphasizes ball control and good footwork. Yellow ball will develop the fundamentals of the game through rally and game-based curriculum. The focus will be on stroke mechanics, footwork, and the athletic skills needed to play the sport.
Days: Tuesday & Thursday
Time: 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Dates: September 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21 (Rain out date- Sep 26)
Program Information and Policies:
- Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Balls and court fees are provided by CORTA.
- Water bottle filling stations and drink machines are available; however, you may wish to bring your own water or sports drink.
- In the event of rain, you will be contacted via email, one hour before scheduled class to find out if class will be held.
- Rain out classes will be made up at the end of the session.
- For more details, please reference Program Information and Policies.
For more details contact Jayce Cunningham or 706-317-4136.