“MAking Tennis Competition Happen”
MA.T.C.H. League is a league designed to provide competitive singles matches for junior divisions 10U – 18U. The League consists of six weeks of individual competition.
DATES: April 5 – May 18, 2021
FORMAT: Gendered Singles
Players have an opportunity to win the League for themselves and for their school.
- Ages 10-18. Players must be age eligible through last day of May.
- 10U – Advanced
- 12U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 14U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 18U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Matches are no-ad scoring 2 out of 3 sets, 6 game sets, with a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set (First to 10, by 2). A set tiebreak is played at 6 all (first to 7, by 2 points). One game point will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd set tiebreak.
- Players will receive 1 point for every game that they win during a match. The most points a player can receive a during a match is 14 points.
- After 6 weeks of singles competition, a MA.T.C.H. League Champion will be determined within each level.
1. No rescheduling is allowed. If a player does not play their match at the scheduled time, their opponent will receive a 6-0,6-0 win.
2. Each player is scheduled to play 6 matches over eight Mondays. If you have a conflict with a Monday, notify the Junior League Coordinator after registering for MATCH League at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will TRY to make arrangements so the player receives a BYE that Monday.
3. It is important to try to play all matches. A score of 6-0, 6-0 will have a huge impact on the standings. Please make effort to play every match.
In this League, let’s allow our juniors to learn on their own without interference, as Morihei Ueshiba says:
“Failure is the key to success, each mistake teaches us something.”
- All players must have a USTA membership.
- Click here and fill out the jot form.
- You will receive an email within 48 hours with a TEAM NUMBER. At that time, you will log on to usta.com and register.
- Players will choose the age and level they want to play between Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Please pick a level that is challenging and fun.
- If a player is placed incorrectly, they can be changed to a different division. Contact Julie, at email@example.com. if you need assistance.
Matches will begin 5pm and/or 6:30pm
Players will report 5-10 minutes prior to their match.
All matches will be played at Cooper Creek.
This is only a local league and does not advance to a State Championship. However, in order to play in the MA.T.C.H. League each player will need to download these 3 waivers and send them back to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to the player’s first match. CORTA only needs one set of waivers on file. If you have already played MA.T.C.H. before, you do not need to resubmit the waivers. The player will not be allowed to play without each waiver on file. Thank you for your understanding. Let’s play tennis:)!
Deadline to Form a Team:
Ball Pickup Available: