“MAking Tennis Competition Happen”
MA.T.C.H. League is a league designed to provide competitive singles matches for junior divisions 12U – 18U. The League consists of seven weeks of individual competition followed by a MA.T.C.H. League Challenge the eighth week.
DATES: November 4 – December 16, 2019
FORMAT: Gendered Singles
- Ages 10-18. Players must be age eligible through last day of December.
- 12U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 14U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 18U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Matches are ad scoring (Beginner level will play no-ad.) 2 out of 3 sets, 6 game sets, with a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set (First to 10, by 2). A set tiebreak is played at 6 all (first to 7, by 2 points). One game point will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd set tiebreak.
- Players will receive 1 point for every game that they win during a match. The most points a player can receive a during a match is 14 points.
- After 7 weeks of singles competition, the players will engage in MA.T.C.H. League Challenge.
MATCH LEAGUE CHALLENGE:
- Players are divided into singles matches.
- Players play four games against each other.
- Players need to keep up with how many games they win.
- After the completion of 4 games, players will change ends and play 4 more games. Players will then move one court over. Players will move in opposite directions. The players on the last court will move to the first court on the opposite end. When the players are back to their original position, one round is completed. Everyone will play at least one round.
- Everyone will use no-ad scoring during the MATCH League Challenge.
- The amount of games won will be added to the number of games won in the previous seven (7) weeks of matches.
- At this point, winners of the divisions can be determined.
*A Player’s Party will follow the MA.T.C.H. League Challenge and winners will be announced.
Please look at the schedule as soon you get it and see if you will be unavailable to play for any of your scheduled matches. If so, notify the Coordinator and your opponent which match(es) you will be unavailable to play. Reschedule your match(es) with your opponent and make sure that it is completed before the end of the season or you will receive a default. The scores of 6-0, 6-0 will be entered as your scores. This is unfair to your opponent as well as the other players in your division. It will a large impact on determining the winner of your division if you do not make up your match(es).
In this League, let’s allow our juniors to learn on their own without interference.
As Morihei Ueshiba says:
“Failure is the key to success, each mistake teaches us something.”
All players must sign a CORTA waiver form before beginning play in the League. Thank you.
- All players must have a USTA membership before registering online.
- Click on Register Here.
- Each player will become their own team.
- Players will choose the age and level they want to play between Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Please pick a level that will challenging and fun.
- If a player is placed incorrectly, they can be changed to a different division. Contact Julie, at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you need assistance.
Deadline to Form a Team:
Ball Pickup Available: