“MAking Tennis Competition Happen”
MA.T.C.H. League is a league designed to provide competitive singles matches for junior divisions 12U – 18U. The League consists of six weeks of individual competition.
DATES: October 26 – December 14, 2020
FORMAT: Gendered Singles
- Ages 10-18. Players must be age eligible through last day of July.
- 12U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 14U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 18U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Matches are no-ad scoring 2 out of 3 sets, 6 game sets, with a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set (First to 10, by 2). A set tiebreak is played at 6 all (first to 7, by 2 points). One game point will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd set tiebreak.
- Players will receive 1 point for every game that they win during a match. The most points a player can receive a during a match is 14 points.
- After 6 weeks of singles competition, a MA.T.C.H. League Champion will be determined within each level.
*A Player’s Party will occur during the last week of matches. (yet to be determined if possible)
1. Because of Covid-19, no rescheduling will be allowed this season. If a player does not play their match at the scheduled time, their opponent will receive a 6-0,6-0 win. So many restrictions have been put in place to make this League possible, it is impossible to monitor a match outside of the scheduled match time.
2. Each player is scheduled to play 6 matches over seven Mondays. If you have a conflict with a Monday, notify the Junior League Coordinator after registering for MATCH League at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will TRY to make arrangements so the player receives a BYE that Monday.
3. It is important to try to play all matches. A score of 6-0, 6-0 will have a huge impact on the standings. Please make effort to play every match.
In this League, let’s allow our juniors to learn on their own without interference, as Morihei Ueshiba says:
“Failure is the key to success, each mistake teaches us something.”
- All players must have a USTA membership before registering online.
- Click on Register Here.
- Each player will become their own team.
- Players will choose the age and level they want to play between Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Please pick a level that will challenging and fun.
- If a player is placed incorrectly, they can be changed to a different division. Contact Julie, at email@example.com. if you need assistance.
Matches will begin 5pm and/or 6:30pm
Players will report 5-10 minutes prior to their match.
All matches will be played at Cooper Creek.
This is only a local league and does not advance to a State Championship. However, in order to play in the MA.T.C.H. League each player will need to download these 3 waivers and send them back to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to the player’s first match. The player will not be allowed to play without each waiver on file. Thank you for your understanding. Let’s play tennis:)!
Deadline to Form a Team:
Ball Pickup Available: