“MAking Tennis Competition Happen”
MA.T.C.H. League is a league designed to provide competitive singles matches for junior divisions 12U – 18U. The League consists of seven weeks of individual competition followed by a MA.T.C.H. League Challenge the eighth week.
DATES: April 13 – June 1, 2020
FORMAT: Gendered Singles
- Ages 10-18. Players must be age eligible through last day of June.
- 12U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 14U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- 18U – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Matches are ad scoring (Beginner level will play no-ad.) 2 out of 3 sets, 6 game sets, with a match tiebreak in lieu of a third set (First to 10, by 2). A set tiebreak is played at 6 all (first to 7, by 2 points). One game point will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd set tiebreak.
- Players will receive 1 point for every game that they win during a match. The most points a player can receive a during a match is 14 points.
- After 7 weeks of singles competition, the players will engage in MA.T.C.H. League Challenge.
MATCH LEAGUE CHALLENGE: (if a division is split into more than one division)
- Players are divided into singles matches.
- Players play two games against each other.
- A scorekeeper will keep up with how many games each player wins.
- After the completion of 2 games, players will change ends and play 2 more games. Players will then move one court over. Players will move in opposite directions. The players on the last court will move to the first court on the opposite end. When the players are back to their original position, the round is completed.
- Everyone will use no-ad scoring during the MATCH League Challenge.
*A Player’s Party will occur during the last week of matches.
1. If you must reschedule a match, please contact the League Coordinator 24 hours in advance so that the coordinator has time to notify your opponent that you will not be there. Otherwise, the match will be a forfeit. It will not be a forfeit if the player is sick or has a family emergency.
2. The match needs to be made up within two weeks of the original date. Please notify the League Coordinator when you have decided on a day and time and she will assign you a court. All matches need to be made up at Cooper Creek. If the match is not made up within the 2 week period, the match will result in a forfeit unless the weather forbids the match to happen.
3. It is important to try to play all matches. A score of 6-0, 6-0 will have a huge impact on the standings. Please make effort to play every match.
In this League, let’s allow our juniors to learn on their own without interference.
As Morihei Ueshiba says:
“Failure is the key to success, each mistake teaches us something.”
All players must sign a CORTA waiver form before beginning play in the League. Thank you.
- All players must have a USTA membership before registering online.
- Click on Register Here.
- Each player will become their own team.
- Players will choose the age and level they want to play between Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Please pick a level that will challenging and fun.
- If a player is placed incorrectly, they can be changed to a different division. Contact Julie, at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you need assistance.
Deadline to Form a Team:
Ball Pickup Available: