The purpose of the Teen Council is to reach out to interest non-players to become tennis players, become involved in community services through tennis, and to become more accessible and helpful to the entire tennis community.
To be a member of the council, each teen must commit to the following:
- 20 hours of community service through CORTA
- Try to attend most meetings.
- Communicate ideas and suggestions at the meetings.
- Set an example of leadership, good sportsmanship, and maturity to other junior tennis players.
- In the Fall, participate in the Christmas Toy Tournament and find sponsors for the Special Olympics in the Spring.
- In the Spring, participate in the Special Olympics in March or April.